River Edge, NJ
- Role Playing in the Rep Shows
Grandpa Vanderhoff in You Can’t Take it With You
Priest/Pendant in The Taming of the Shrew
- What has been your best rehearsal experience during You Can’t Take It With You and The Taming of the Shrew?
Discovering the characters through playful experimentation.
- What is something about you that would surprise people?
I can plough a field with a team of horses.
- What was the first show you remember seeing?
Romeo and Juliet.
- What has been your favorite role in your acting career?
Ensemble member of THE PROPOSITION.
- What has been your least favorite role?
The Jester in Once Upon a Mattress
- What is a role you would kill to play?
Jeffrey Dahmer in Lets Order in Tonight.
- Who is your inspiration or idol?
- What are three things that you could not live without?
Air, water and food.
- What is your pre-show ritual?
Get to the theater on time and make sure my fly is zipped up.
- Finish this statement: “I’ll never understand why. . .”
Why the Mayans didn’t put pictures of Pandas on their calendar.
- What is the best piece of advice to give aspiring actors?
Don’t get married, don’t have kids, don’t have pets don’t text while driving, eating, walking or talking to you parents and above all don’t listen to an old actor’s advice.
Enjoyed these answers? You should see Ken on stage; as slurring “father from Georgia” in The Taming of the Shrew or as the sympathetic firework-wielding grandpa in You Can’t Take it With You. See this page for details!